RAISING MY HAND toward the MARGINALIZING of CONFORMITY ...hmmm. In this dispensation the 3rd world man is the Trees and the Cosmopolitan Suit waving his plastic finger, is destined to wander the forest alone. LIGHT plateau - dark CORRIDOR; white black white black: I watched what I saw! The last TIME we gave ourselves to the moment may have been our last reFLECTion before the veil of tears reMINDed us that IT had been a Karmic death.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Meditation or hitbodedut as is read in Abraham Abulafia's Jewish Yoga (?)

This is something I keep trying to narrow down. Other images of Dahab, I am not yet done with, like sitting in those tents eating banana pancakes. My question is, Do you actually see memories' lapse? It seems to me nothing is rhetorical in mind, so we have a key to a more immense sense of continuity than our mnemotechical complacency imprisoning us. If we have all that color in mind, it certainly is a lot intermediary space striking me as a pallet for better integrated moments if we'd only just say what it is. The uncertainty means its marginal utility--we could have believed consciousness is there to be won, necessarily when we sit by the still water...Here below is a pivotal memory:
Our poverty was nothing like a poverty, which we saw in the then Bedouin village (Dahab) just getting its only second establishment (!?) wiTh electric. No amenities to us were the things used for the basics of ablutions performed in some kind of order these Bedouin saw fit; as in who would go to the well first, who eats first etc. Rob seemed to neglect an affinity maybe with anyone who dared to make themselves presentable, i.e. natives there, or people back home. The stylee I feel I catch too, looking at the pre-occupied countenance of just anyone=she or he so comfortable, yet unknowing they look to inner-attention--is that knowing we are fully what we want in such short spans. Spans luckily in enough of a pitch, the mask we wear betrays nothing about the tent-poles of consciousness collapsing in upon itself--upon the statement of presence having become two-dimensional, tells us the mind is the real G-d behind the praise of universal suns as its beginning as reason. Around the time the twelve year old girl showed up selling cheap scarves and us realizing she was really selling something else, Rob was squinting in a side door mirror of a car trying to shave. The reflection I imagine as my eyes' blind spot, are the paces I stepped past looking like power-spots gone awry--I want my eyes' sight to fall like a turbillion, til thru sheer momentum the world will seem to collude in our lost selves in the under-housed hot icebergs that is all this life of experienced-forms. Take don Juan's Yaqui profession, its beginning has the reader follow an ill-disposed protagonist considering a room as the microcosm. In the desert, next to an infinite Red Sea (read REd as actually its rightful name the Reed Sea.), has something less gratifying yet wholly necessary making us feel it is incumbent upon us the voidance-denizen to stand unitarian & solitarian (say, collusion supposed).
Hang on to your hat--this is allegorical. "for the world has to see G-d as an active participant in humanity not some remote philosophical theory," some theist suggests. Then, what is the definition, of El? He is the High G-d. You say philosophical remoteness is a deliberate act to refrain from our heavenly duties: THat G-d is On-High leaves every other place vacant, is what I say. OR another way to attenuate this distance--in the positive, rather than G-d remaining remote, IS IS IS thru Distance we are to find Relationship. Here is the philosophical notion: The light at the end of the tunnel is where we meet that which is our project of our faith that releases us from suffering if possible. Meanwhile, the tunnel's end, if you will--this Cosmic house (olam), has an immediacy which eludes us. Yet the Clarity that is Relationship say in the light of day, the direction we aLL are headed, is still attenuated thru whatever means the Believer of ANY faith chooses. You say These others will come to this light by the means with which YOU fulfill YOUR responsibility. Do you not see the folly in that sense of YOUR condition? In judaism, according to Wiesel, our suffering is not alleviated just knowing others suffer too. That our condition is between You & The Creator. So lay off that others who you feel can't make the grade. That is not for you to judge--yetser hara (egotistical), in your thinking that the mutual arising of Communities outside of Orthodoxy are doomed. The great Jewish rationalist from 800 yrs ago, Maimon said to know what these other communities say of our prophets is legitimate, and a tool for our own learning... there is no BUt But there. He is saying it is valid. He also acknowledges Belief flourishing before Judaism--the Hoodo (Hindus). That's right Dude--before US. I read this in Guide to the Perplexed. That is called anthropology. I don't run from science any more than I do from ignorance--I don't fear it. To expand on the premise that Distance equals Relationship: The bulbul, nightingale of the Arabias, closes its eyes--its eyes alighted to the singular dweet of his repose in the Tiamah (the Judaic tohu from Genesis, or tehom)--desert, void. "Nothing" of the social organism is engendered- other than the rays of the High G-d who receives his meditation or "recitation" on Distance (this may be deism--an I and Nature relationship). The Reply is none other than the last look he'll take before the seduction of the prodigy of his self-possession.
I have to say U2's artistic & timely way of giving over what MLK contributes to the humanitarian dialogue--in the late 80s?, characterized something I wasn't able to do...never threading the needle til then. And my bestFriend who I traveled Israel & Egypt with dropped Malcolm X into an awareness I need more of--because he seems to bring regard for the American polity toward Islamic things more evidently relative than maybe once was=thank you the ascension of Black Consciousness here & now. But, finding my mystics in another Arabia, in regard to Gandhi, had been an interest of mine before then (sensitivity to civil rights reality)--I knew the connection, but our national heritage due to MLK's efforts had eluded me, something caged in black & white filmage, yet no one speaking to me as a recipient of eternity on trial thru art as the conduit of history personified. U2 said to me Christ worship has a better condition than the dogma made apparent til then, which was the expectorate of Blue laws here in the bible belt--we felt marginalized or just bored by therein...! Consciousness was the weigh station in gray matter I felt more attune to, an abject loss (taking into consideration thought's elusive attributes) in fact from being readied to deal with people as I saw in normalcy--the place I'd run to, in mind, but was where MLK will remain with these others who transcend common language, ideas & complacency. Like I say to the Blacks I am relating to daily at my work: I rise & fall with those in common with the Jewish thing in Culture's importuning efforts, I can't let loose of, thus respect the strong bond of his/her elation that their heritage is become held in High Esteem now in more & more avenues to trod. FRom Jewish student of life motives comes NOT having to go around the corner to see Islam as a point of reference to a braver community... our languages of ecclesia has crossed paths in so many ways, I'll be chasing this dragon as the project of my worth forwards...!!!
So from memory and how semblance of thought is the project of only barely the immensity of experienced-forms, Arabia & the dismissing of those who assert invective about the diversity we have before us here in the US, to now meditation=how does contemplation demonstrated in the intensity of the watery thoughts as merciful identity, instruct us even as hesitantly thoughtlessness gets misplaced?
But what does it do for you?--not what do other's waver instructions over meditation...telling us how. Here's my point that I thought was the intent of this thread I read. There was this William S Burroughs thing I read I think in Cities of the Red Night, he talks about being a transient rather than a receptacle. So, in that we have ideas per meditation, the levels of visualization--if we had attained vipassana=a sense of deep resolve throughout the long ends of our day--Then as per instruction, we may topple the effect of what any deliberative thought has us expect to obtain. So we jettison even the vessel of that cognitive limit/ throw out the window that we'd receive an ideal circumstance... No end resolve, just release...& thereby ironically we get set prone, the incumbent feeling of trodding the middle path, because of the solitarian sense of expectancy of nothing having our back, so we stand before insignificance, like in a bird's eye view, makes relationship in its greatest potential. This is MY intent. I want to be synthetic as to any doctrinal studies purporting to be advantageous. Krishnamurti is even more iconoclast...one's whose "discussions" are an exercise in learning to think. Believe me it is only a primitive attempt generally undertaken 'til self-preservation is eliminated.
As the iconoclastic cultic expression evolves i.e. we'll do better than our predeceased selves, I would like to link to the last remorseful confusion--this is what I know I projected. **I mention confusion, because I courted it, till confusion became torpor & white noise, and torpidity yields to fragmentation/ of the Mind/ & thus humility binds me to reckon my motive only to be the observer--and be very good at it. It is good to be IN the Know. If we can answer for ourselves at all, and not through the pretension of social ego in any kind of weird striving--saying I am, in any one moment, like I am this span of time as a fine awareness--is the I AM of futility. So maybe now some Jazz to listen to freeing up intra-mantra slavery, playing on my jam-box, & this is my reprieve. Jazz, with its distinguishing instruments--one can find what each of these artists means in a kind of voice, & I'd imagine the map of digressing emanations: drums up front, bass pondering expanse, sax like birds calling me outside (where consciousness IS).

No comments: