RAISING MY HAND toward the MARGINALIZING of CONFORMITY ...hmmm. In this dispensation the 3rd world man is the Trees and the Cosmopolitan Suit waving his plastic finger, is destined to wander the forest alone. LIGHT plateau - dark CORRIDOR; white black white black: I watched what I saw! The last TIME we gave ourselves to the moment may have been our last reFLECTion before the veil of tears reMINDed us that IT had been a Karmic death.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Saturday indicating the MusicScene's Embrace=WRFL

Monk-like in the final yrs in the house where I lived for 27 yrs, growing up was a Mutual Arising of the look of self supernally--but rarely if only on this one occasion. Now writing this, the hr seems late. Wakeful dreams, but nothing special, just a feeling in my eyes as if the room is in a mirror in my eyes--& this may be all the look of Higher Self I am permissed. I recorded a session of bongoPlaying primitively & laughable, but the measure of the pt. was to grasp the affable look into certain recesses of the day that had otherwise eluded me. If Babylon was falling, I met it at the door, there in my room radiating light in my concealment, with my weight leaving impressions in the blue carpet from the 60s beneath me. My concern was that the peak of a solitarian day made observable--the very crescendo like an arc of the Sun we screw, & thus being not late for it. The patternic bongo beats telegraphed in a conversation I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear what I might otherwise say if only to be neither the habit of self, but recognizable as an ally in time. This claim to division of self was what the crowd enjoined me to grasp the solitude again now with them as one-Body. (April 26th 2008) I could have stood there all night, but alas at 42--as of next month, the recreated intensity all dithery toward the mundane & the norm of weariness is refocused seeing Tony Briggs in the crowd. (& I had thought & meditated on his person(ality) some days before, & now glad to see him.) History of the musicScene real &/or ephemeral gets claimed as just the same conversation (=dread & beat) -- actionable but tilted into my subjective cause now=the hr spat it had gotten late. If not for me, then definitely for him--or it would seem--but regretting this summation. Rob & I met him yrs ago & it's not me that I think the rub of acknowledgement was his glance & stride past me as I stood prone to the message makers--these down folks whose scan across the crowd is a conscious-party, whereas I yield to a jumping off point the first time words were exchanged. Tony was at this gathering over by UK's campus--near the fireHouse, & people were milling about in & out of openDoors & plateauing Minds. There was probably 2 yard bags full of herb on the kitchen floor... I said to Rob,"dude, this guy is pivotal in the creative energy in Lexington's musicScene." My oldest brother's words figured prominently. So, Rob & I went & introduced ourselved out front/asking him what he thought of our own bag of shake--would anybody want this stuff? Still all day unto what was called down watching The Apples in Stereo playing wallFlowered auditive power: I thought, "yes me friend we take the streets again." --from B Marley & the Wailers' Burnin' album. In the ethereal way the Rastas interpret urbanTrascendence, like what The Ethiopians sing: One Day We'll Walk the Streets Forever, it is verily idealistic & antithetical that we would & should defy impermanence.

2 comments:

Loki Freign said...

It's always so difficult to really know that Babyloonybin is falling from the illusory sanctity of my little office. I languish here, cursing my friends and damning my fortune and thanking the little irascible God that lives in my neck for it as well...

When the shots ring out, outside, on the corner, I file that pain away and remind myself: I live in near-perfect bliss - almost painless joy - but I've been reared to hate it, all the same.

The music wants to be beautiful, and yet I demand that it be useful - or happy, at the very least. Thus, my relationship to the music is not so dissimilar from my world's relationship to me. Unlike my music, though, I have to make a point of refusing the vast majority of the little gifts that my world wants to offer me; the candies, most of the drugs, inexpensive spectacles; the music can have all of these things without disease or injury. The music is nearly invulnerable.

blu lamar said...

I dont understand why so many people want to put down their own good fortune. Self defacing for what purpose?
Tony Briggs was part of a lead social group in Lexington in terms of pop culture. He has his own story as to why
he filled this role. It was a marvelous contrast to the general culture of Lexington in the late 70's to early 80's?
But there was a lot of destructive behaviour involved too, which cannot be ignored, too many glorify pop culture
looking to the icons as idols thus ignoring the realities of drugs, etc.
Just because I was not a faithful follower of punk culture of that era I wouldnt put myself down for it. Nor will I now.
Afterall, what is a follower and what is a leader? I think it is relative in every situation.
Briggs used to put a safety pin thru his cheek in those days, that was not a place I wanted to follow.
It certainly was a form of DEfacement though - much more powerful expressively than complaining about
ones "good fortune".